Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Look Ma, One Hand!

That's how I am right now.

Since the start of this month, hubby would drop me off the Recto station of LRT2 at around 6:30 to 6:45 in the morning. But yesterday was different. Right in front of the station gate is a U-turn slot. We always take a U-turn there so we can easily get to the gate. But yesterday, our S8 slipped, leaving us front flat on the floor. We were both covered with dirt since it drizzled earlier that morning, leaving the road wet and slippery. Hubby stood up immediately as he heard me wail with hurt. I was crying of my aching left arm. He stood the S8 up, then reached for me and accompanied me as we aboard the S8 again. Then, we went home.

Though we both know that we were hurt, I was the one who asked him to go home first so we can change clothes and take a rest for a while as we were both dizzy from the fall. We rested for a few minutes at home, changed shirts, then went to the UST hospital for my examination. He was hurt too, with bruises on his left cheek, lower lip, chin, left arm, left knee and left leg, but nothing major. Mine was the one he insisted to have checked. We went straight to the ER and was attended by the doctor. They asked me questions, had me x-rayed, asked hubby to buy an arm sling for me, and then let me wear them.

At first sight, no fracture can be found on my x-ray. But since I could not turn/twist my arm, the Ortho-Surgeon suggested to leave my x-ray so they can further examine as it is not compatible that I don't have any fracture yet I could not move my arm. Though he already told me that it looks like my arm was a bit dislocated as the bone went a bit through my radial joint, thus I am unable to move it. :(

We'll come back on Thursday for the x-ray results and the medical certificate, which costs 50 Pesos, that I requested. Then hopefully, my arm gets better by next week. However, the Ortho-Surgeon already advised to keep my arm sling worn for 2 weeks. :(

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=30f5f96ef4ee1e253387e6ba2272d5fe